Instagram is always evolving, and our behavior changes with it. One fact that doesn’t change is that content on Instagram moves fast, and your posts are always vying for the attention of your followers. If you want to get the most eyes possible on your content and maximize engagement, then knowing the best times to post on social networks is crucial!
- Best times to post on Instagram: Wednesday at 9 am and Friday at 8 – 9 am.
- Best day: Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram
- Most consistent engagement: Tuesday through Friday, 8 am – 1 pm
- Worst day: Sunday receives the least amount of engagement on Instagram
- Lowest engagement: Occurs during late night and early morning from 9 pm – 1 am
All times are PST
What kind of Instagram engagement should I expect to see?
Instagram accounts with less than 1,000 followers have an average engagement rate of around 8%, while those with 1,000-10,000 followers have around a 4% engagement rate. Those in the 10,000-100,000 range have around a 2.4% engagement rate, while those with over 1 million followers have about 1.7% engagement rate. These numbers can be helpful in evaluating how your posts fare against others.
Metrics Provided by SproutSocial